QA Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children, Young People and Adults at Risk (RQF)
Safeguarding and Protecting Children, Young People and Adults at Risk Level 2 (RQF) is a regulated QA Level 2 Award. This qualification is suitable for those (regardless of being in a paid or voluntary role) who have a specific responsibility in safeguarding and protecting in environments with examples such as the NHS, dentistry, education provision, charity provision, sport, childminders and social services.
Recent legislation reflects that quality training for those working directly with children or vulnerable adults to be trained in their responsibilities towards safeguarding both children AND vulnerable adults. In other words training should pertain to children and adults, even if you work predominately with just one group.
As registered nurses we are knowledgeable and skilled in operational roles regarding the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We will share with you the importance of professional and public duty in respect to vigilance in safeguarding those around us, especially those who may be vulnerable.
Our half day classroom workshop training will help you to understand how safeguarding principles work, assist you to feel comfortable and knowledgeable to protect and empower those in your care and recognise your key role to ensure that children and vulnerable adults are kept safe from abuse as no form of abuse is acceptable.
During this 1/2 day course, learners will develop a greater understanding of how to safeguard and protect children, young people and adults. Topics covered include: safeguarding and protection responsibilities, different forms of abuse and how to respond to disclosure or suspected abuse. Given the changing dynamics of safeguarding and the desire for people to keep updated, this course is regulated and certificated through Qualsafe and valid for 1 year. Assessment is through group discussion and a reflective portfolio that can be submitted afterwards or on the day. Completion of the short portfolio of learning is compulsory to be eligible for the Level 2 qualification.
Following the 4 hour session you will be able to:
- Understand the different types of abuse
- Be aware of victims of trafficking, sexual exploitation, female genital mutilation or at risk of radicalisation.
- Recognise the potential signs of abuse and those who may be subjected to them
- Know how to respond to suspected or alleged abuse and who to contact if you have concerns
- Have knowledge on legislation and local and national policies relating to abuse
- Identify your responsibilities with respect to child protection and safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Understand how to take appropriate action if you suspect a case of abuse or neglect, including appropriately reporting and recording your concerns and sharing of information
[Call us on 01245 607 802 or use the Contact Page to book]